Brian M. Bergin
Highly regarded as one of Arizona’s most effective civil litigators, Brian has represented individuals, insurers, banks, small and large businesses, governments, and public servants in his over 25 years of practice. He advises clients through every phase of conflict resolution from pre-litigation negotiations, to bench and jury trials in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts, and through the appeal process. He advocates client cases before various governmental agencies in administrative hearings and frequently guides clients through arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Brian is admitted to practice in the state, federal, and bankruptcy courts of Arizona and Nevada, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Brian is a Judge Pro Tempore for the Maricopa County Superior Court and serves as a mediator and arbitrator in various civil litigation matters.
Brian is a recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell Service’s rating of “AV Preeminent,” the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards, and has been included in the 5% of lawyers honored as “Southwest Super Lawyers.”
- J.D., Cum Laude, from Arizona State University College of Law, where he was Articles Editor of the ASU Law Journal and a Pedrick Scholar
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance and Real Estate from the University of Arizona
- Member of the Defense Research Institute
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Maricopa County Bar Association, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, and 1st Way of Maricopa County, Inc.
- Affiliated Attorney with the Alliance Defending Freedom